Statutory Liability Insurance For Your Business
New Zealand businesses are facing increased exposure to statutory fines and penalties handed down for breaches of legislation, with businesses, directors, and those in managerial positions being held more accountable and responsible for their actions in the workplace.
Statutory Liability Insurance protects you, your business and your employees, including directors, trustees and managers, against certain unintentional breaches of New Zealand Acts of Parliament. It covers the costs of representation in investigations for alleged breaches affecting commercial businesses, as well as defence costs, and fines or penalties payable following conviction for an offence under an insured statute.
Independent feedback from our customers rated our service at excellent.
What is covered?
- Defence costs associated with alleged breaches of statutory acts affecting commercial activities
- The costs of representation at an investigation or inquiry
- Fines or cash penalties payable by the insured following conviction for an offence under the insured statutes
- Investigations by the Commerce Commission
- Investigations of workplace injuries
- Environmental breaches, such as unintentional discharge of waste into public watercourse