Insurance for Recruitment Consultants

    • Instant Professional Indemnity insurance tailored specifically for your occupation
    • Opportunity to compare and select policies from NZ leading insurers
    • Quick and easy online process, no forms to fill in, get covered in minutes

Why do Recruitment Consultants need Business Insurance?

Insurance for recruitment consultants is there to provide protection against potential claims for a breach of professional duty, accidental injury or damage to a third party (when not covered by the ACC) and cover for your vital business assets.

Different types of business insurance may also be a requirement as recruitment consultant. Here are a few of examples of when you may need it:

  • To join a professional membership or industry body you may need to have a certain level of Professional Indemnity insurance* in place
  • If you are out visiting different businesses, you may need to have Public Liability insurance* in place before you visit certain sites
  • If you are renting a premises for your business, Public Liability insurance may be required as part of your rental agreement

Recruiting the right employees for your clients is something you are an expert at and getting you the right insurance is our specialty. With just a few clicks or a single phone call, you’ll get multiple quotes from leading insurers. Select your preferred policy and you’ll be covered instantly, so you can continue running your business without any worries.

Did you Know?

You can be held professionally negligent for not checking your placement’s cv thoroughly.

Insurance for Recruitment Consultants covers a broad range of business activities

  • Recruitment services e.g. placement of candidates, executive search
  • Employment consulting services, for example:
  • On-hired employee services
occupational health & safety
  • Incorporation contractors
human resources
  • Other recruitment services
employee relations
change management
psychological testing
training & induction

Professional Indemnity Insurance for Recruitment Professionals

PI insurance is designed to indemnify the insured for a claim that is first made whilst the policy is in force as a result of a breach of professional duty in respect of the conduct of the professional business in the Recruitment Industry.

This class of insurance is written on a ‘claims-made basis’. This means that the policy provides cover for claims made during the period of insurance in respect of professional services provided after the retroactive date, subject to the terms and conditions of the policy in place at the time. The retroactive date will be specified in the policy schedule.

All PI insurance policies will have a ‘limit of indemnity’ and a ‘deductible’ or ‘excess’. The limit of indemnity is the maximum amount that the insurer will pay for any one claim. The deductible applies for each claim such that the amount of each claim up to the deductible must be paid by the insured.

Recruitment Consultants generally require professional indemnity to comply with professional association requirements, professional standards legislation or to meet the requirements of many clients and/or tender processes

What is typically covered?

  • Damages and claimant costs awarded against the insured
  • Legal and defence costs
  • Claims investigation costs
  • Inquiry attendance costs
  • Public relations costs

What is NOT covered?

  • Intentional damage
  • Known claims and circumstances
  • Fraud and dishonesty
  • Bodily injury / property damage

Protect your business today.

Add Public Liability insurance*

A major part of your role as a recruitment consultant is interacting with others, including potential candidates and businesses seeking new staff. Whether you are out and about meeting them on site, working from an office or even from home, the risk for a potential Public Liability claim occurring is a reality, no matter how much care you may take.

Public Liability insurance is designed to provide protection for you and your business in the event a customer, supplier or a member of the public are injured (and not covered by the Accident Compensation Commission (ACC)) or sustain property damage as a result of your negligent business activities.

A Public Liability claim can happen in the blink of an eye, and the potential impact of a claim upon your business could have big consequences. All it takes is for a client visiting your business premises to accidentally injure themselves (when not covered by the ACC) and leaving you facing a potential claim on your hands^.

What is covered?

  • Compensation for accidental damage to third party property
  • Compensation for personal injury or death to third parties where the ACC does not provide cover
  • Legal and defence costs

What is typically NOT covered?

  • Injury to your employees
  • Damage to your own property
  • Compensation for personal injury whereby cover is provided by the ACC
  • Known claims and circumstances

Business Insurance*

There are many moving parts when you run your own recruitment business and that’s why it is important to take a moment to look at how your business assets play an important role in keeping your business going.

If an insurable event like a fire or storm were to wreak havoc and damage things like your office furniture or building (if you own) the financial implications to repair and replace them could be enough to potentially send your business bankrupt.

Business Insurance is an insurance package designed to provide cover for your business contents, stock, tools and commercial premises when an insured event occurs (such as fire, storm, theft or even accidental damage). A Business Insurance policy can also cover your portable equipment, and loss of revenue due to business interruption in specified circumstances.

There are a few different types of Business Insurance options to consider when protecting your recruitment business, these may include cover like:

Contents: Covers your business contents or stock if they are damaged in a fire, storm or due to malicious damage or some other defined event listed in the policy

Building: Cover for loss and damage to buildings you own, as a result of an insured event (such as fire, storm, wind).

Business Interruption: Business interruption insurance provides cover for the loss of income and increased costs of operating your business caused by a specified insured event (such as property damage or fire). It is also designed to assist your business to recover from an insured event by paying ongoing expenses (such as wages or rent).

Get more info

If you’re looking to expand your business and insurance knowledge, look no further than our BizCover Blog, full of insightful articles that are the perfect reading material for in between interviews.

What does Professional Indemnity insurance cover?

It’s one of the fundamental covers for small business owners in the professions industry, and we break down all the key info you need to know about Professional Indemnity insurance.

Take back your time with these apps

Let’s face it, we could all benefit from a few more hours in the day! Our guide shares some of the top apps to help with efficiency and saving time for your business.

* This information is a general guide only and does not take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs. As with any insurance, cover will be subject to the terms, conditions and exclusions contained in the policy wording. The information contained on this web page is general only and should not be relied upon as advice.

^The provision of the claims examples are for illustrative purposes only and should not be seen as an indication as to how any potential claim will be assessed or accepted. Cover for a claim will depend on the specific circumstances around the loss and would be subject to the terms and conditions of the policy concerned.

Customer Reviews

Rated 4.6/5 for Customer Experience

Need Help?

Visit our Contact Us page, where you can find out how to get in touch with one of our business insurance professionals. 

You can also access quick links to our self-service portal, where you can download your Certificate of Currency, update your payment details, amend your cover and download your policy documents. 


Popular Searches