Insurance for Education Consultants

GET INSTANT QUOTES Compare quotes from leading New Zealand insurance providers Tailored policies to suit your profession needs Buy online instantly- no paperwork required

Why do Education Consultants Need insurance?

Your client’s put their trust in your knowledge and experience when it comes to looking after their educational journey. You’re an expert when it comes to understanding your client’s education requests and needs by providing them tailored resources and courses to help them reach their goals.

With such a dedicated task comes a great level of responsibility and elements of risk. While you’ve put in all the hard yards to become an educational professional and build your business, it makes sense that you have the right safeguards in place to help keep it around for the long haul too. This is where business insurance becomes an important part of your business plan.

There are a variety of different business insurance coverages available for educational consultants like Public Liability, Professional Indemnity, Business Insurance and Cyber Liability for example.

Did you know?

Whether you work from home or out visiting a client, you can protect your valuable tools of trade like your laptop/tablet with Portable Equipment insurance anywhere in New Zealand.

Insurance for Education Consultants

Operating as an education consultant means you are often interacting and out and about visiting your clients providing your advice and wisdom on all things education. As much care as you may take to ensure a safe and responsible environment, the truth is that incidents and accidents can happen quicker than a recess break.

This is an overview of some of the typical types of business insurance you may need to consider as an education consultant.

Professional Indemnity insurance*

Advising your clients on their educational choices and creating programs is all in a days work as an education consultant, but what happens when things don’t get a textbook outcome? Client’s can easily be unhappy with the work you have provided even resulting in a costly claim. This is where it is important to consider how Professional Indemnity insurance can safeguard your business.

Professional Indemnity (PI) insurance is an important form of protection for businesses that provide

specialist services or professional advice. It is designed to respond to claims against your business for

losses as a result of actual or alleged negligent acts or omissions in the provision of your professional

service or advice. PI Insurance will also assist with the legal costs associated with responding to or

managing claims which are covered by the policy.

Here are some examples of the common scenarios when a Professional Indemnity insurance claim may arise:

  • Accidentally making an unintentional mistake
  • Mistaking or overlooking a crucial bit of information
  • Client misunderstanding your advice and experiencing a financial loss as a result

What does Professional Indemnity insurance typically cover you for?

  • Damages and claimant costs awarded against you
  • Civil liabilities which may arise from but are not limited to:
  • Providing misleading or negligent advice
  • Breach of duty (confidentiality and other privacy issues)
  • Defamation, libel or slander
  • The loss or damage to documents
  • Infringement to intellectual property (including copyright infringement)
  • Related defence and legal costs of a claim
  • The costs involved with investigating a claim including those by a professional body
  • The cost of responding to a disciplinary inquiry
  • Court attendance costs
  • Public relations costs
  • Bodily injury or illness caused from the professional services covered under the policy

What does Professional Indemnity insurance typically NOT provide cover for?

  • Intentional damage
  • Any claims or circumstances that are known prior to the period of insurance
  • Acts of fraud and dishonesty
  • Accidental injury and property damage

Protect your business today.

Public Liability insurance*

Dealing with clients, suppliers and members of the public creates real opportunities for a claim to occur, something that Public Liability insurance is designed to provide protection for.

Public Liability insurance is designed to provide protection for you and your business in the event a customer, supplier or a member of the public are injured (and not covered by the Accident Compensation Commission (ACC) ) or sustain property damage as a result of your negligent business activities.

Business Insurance*

Business Insurance is an insurance package designed to provide cover for your business contents, stock, tools and commercial premises when an insured event occurs (such as fire, storm, theft or even accidental damage). A Business Insurance policy can also cover your portable equipment, and loss of revenue due to business interruption in specified circumstances.

Business Insurance covers a variety of different risks, some types of cover which you may need to consider when protecting your education consulting business.

Cyber Liability insurance*

Your role as an education consultant means you work closely and store sensitive client information. If this information were to become compromised through a cyber attack your business could land in hot water. This is where Cyber Liability insurance can help.

Cyber Liability insurance covers you for losses from claims arising from data breaches, business interruption and remediation costs following an actual or threatened data breach.

*This information is a general guide only and does not take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs. As with any insurance, cover will be subject to the terms, conditions and exclusions contained in the policy wording. The information contained on this web page is general only and should not be relied upon as advice. BizCover Limited is owned by BizCover Pty Ltd (ABN 68 127 707 975)

Need Help?

Visit our Contact Us page, where you can find out how to get in touch with one of our business insurance professionals. 

You can also access quick links to our self-service portal, where you can download your Certificate of Currency, update your payment details, amend your cover and download your policy documents. 


Popular Searches