Insurance for Cleaners
- Compare Quotes from Leading NZ Insurers
- Buy Online Instantly – No Paperwork
- Over 25,000 Policies Sold
Why do Cleaners need it?
As a cleaner you are faced with many different risks each day like accidentally causing damage to a client’s property, having your cleaning equipment stolen or damaged or causing personal injury to a third party (when not covered by the ACC). That’s where business insurance can help to provide protection for your cleaning business.
These are some examples of when your cleaning business may need business insurance^:
- Public Liability insurance* may be a requirement to work on certain contracts and public spaces. Always check what the minimum level of cover you are required to have to ensure you have adequate cover in place
- Slips, trips and falls from members of the public due to your cleaning business activities is a real risk your business may be faced with
- There is always the potential for your cleaning products may cause accidental damage to your client’s property, something Public Liability insurance can help provide cover for
- Your cleaning equipment quickly adds up, that’s where Portable Equipment insurance can help provide some protection if they were lost or stolen
- Business Insurance offers a range of various coverages to help provide protection for different areas of your business
While you’re busy cleaning, let us take care of all the messy bits of searching for cleaner’s insurance.
In just a few clicks or a phone call you can receive multiple quotes from some of New Zealand’s leading insurers
Did you Know?
If you are operating as a sole-trader and a claim were to occur against your business, you could be held both legally and financially responsible, leaving your personal asset risk if things go pear shaped.
What kind of cleaning businesses need business insurance?
The reality is, if you are out and about cleaning your client’s property, whether it is a small domestic clean or a large-scale office, business insurance is a wise move when it comes to protecting your business.
Without having business insurance in place, the risk of a claim could have a devastating impact on your cleaning business. Not only are there the financial implications of a claim, but the time away from your business to deal with it, potentially in courts for weeks or even months, and the damage to your reputation too.
These are all added stresses that you don’t need weighing on your mind as a small business owner. Business insurance is designed to safeguard a variety of different cleaning businesses, to help you stay in business for the long-haul.
Business Insurance for Cleaners
Public Liability Insurance*
Public Liability insurance is an important type of cover for cleaners, providing protection for you and your business if a customer, member of the public or a supplier suffer property damage or are injured (and not covered by the Accident Compensation Corporation) as a result of your negligent business activities.
Whether you provide cleaning services for domestic or commercial properties, accidents can happen anywhere at anytime. For example, accidentally spilling a cleaning agent on a bench top or floor causing permanent damage or knocking over a customer’s antique vase while cleaning their home.
What is covered?
- Compensation for accidental damage to third party property
- Compensation for personal injury or death to third parties where the ACC does not provide cover
- Legal and defence costs
What is typically NOT covered?
- Injury to your employees
- Damage to your own property
- Compensation for personal injury whereby cover is provided by the ACC
- Known claims and circumstances
Business insurance is an insurance package designed to provide cover for your business contents, stock, tools and commercial premises when an insured event occurs (such as fire, storm, theft or even accidental damage). A Business insurance package can also cover your portable equipment, and loss of revenue due to business interruption in specified circumstances.
These are a few of the main types of Business Insurance coverages to consider for your cleaning business:
Contents*: Covers your business contents or stock if they are damaged in a fire, storm or due to malicious damage or some other defined event listed in the policy
Building*: Cover for loss and damage to buildings you own, as a result of an insured event (such as fire, storm, wind).
Business Interruption*: Business interruption insurance provides cover for the loss of income and increased costs of operating your business caused by a specified insured event (such as property damage or fire). It is also designed to assist your business to recover from an insured event by paying ongoing expenses (such as wages or rent).
What it typically covers
A) Material damage loss for your physical assets
B) Financial loss due to Business Interruption
What is NOT covered?
- Negligence/breach of duty arising from an act, error or omission as a result of your professional services
- Claims arising from damage to third party property or personal injury
- Known claims and circumstances
Portable Equipment Insurance*
Working out and about means your tools of trade are often on the road with you. There’s a lot of equipment you rely on like mops and cleaning chemicals and even d mobile phones. Without these, it would be hard for you to get the job done. That’s where Portable Equipment cover comes into play.
Portable equipment (or general property) insurance can cover you for loss and damage to specified items such as tools, business equipment or electronic items, or unspecified items of lower value.
Protect your business today.
How much does business insurance cost for cleaners?
The cleaning industry is diverse and includes a mix of different types of cleaning business, each with their own unique features and exposures to risks, so there isn’t a one-size fits all business insurance policy for cleaners.
The actual cost of your business insurance policy will depend on a mix of different factors. These factors include things like:
- the number of staff you have
- the location of your business
- the level of cover you take out,
- the type of cover you take out
- your claims history.
To receive an accurate idea of how much business insurance will cost for your cleaning business click here to get a quote or have a chat to our friendly team.
If I am a mobile cleaner are my tools of trade still insured?
Portable Equipment cover can protect your cleaning tools and equipment like your mops, buckets and cleaning products anywhere in New Zealand, giving you peace of mind knowing that you have protection in place.
* This information is a general guide only and does not take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs. As with any insurance, cover will be subject to the terms, conditions and exclusions contained in the policy wording. The information contained on this web page is general only and should not be relied upon as advice.
The provision of the claims examples are for illustrative purposes only and should not be seen as an indication as to how any potential claim will be assessed or accepted. Cover for a claim will depend on the specific circumstances around the loss and would be subject to the terms and conditions of the policy concerned.
Rated 4.6/5 for Customer Experience
I like how easy, fast and straight forward the process of choosing the right cover for my business is.
Commercial Cleaning Services
Thanks for the easy process
Te Wairere A P K.
Domestic Cleaning Services
Quick and Easy
Garden And Lawn Maintenance
Great experience, super helpful and efficient.
So good to be able to do it so fast online!
Training Consultancy Service
Visit our Contact Us page, where you can find out how to get in touch with one of our business insurance professionals.
You can also access quick links to our self-service portal, where you can download your Certificate of Currency, update your payment details, amend your cover and download your policy documents.