0508 249 268 Call

Why do Cleaners need it? 

As a cleaner you are faced with a variety of risks such as causing property damage or personal injury (when not covered by the Accident Compensation Corporation). One of the most common types of claims that cleaners face are for slips and falls from using liquid cleaning agents on surfaces and property damage caused by the products used. 

While you’re busy cleaning, let us take care of all the messy bits of searching for cleaner’s insurance.  

In just a few clicks or a phone call you can receive multiple quotes from some of New Zealand’s leading insurers.  

Did you know?

If you are operating as a sole-trader and a claim were to occur against your business, you could be held both legally and financially responsible, leaving your personal asset risk  if things go pear shaped.  

Business Insurance for Cleaners 


Public Liability Insurance* 

Public Liability insurance is  an important type of cover for cleaners, providing protection for you and your business if a customer, member of the public or a supplier suffer property damage  or are injured (and not covered by the Accident Compensation Corporation) as a result of your negligent business activities. 

Whether you provide cleaning services for domestic or commercial properties, accidents can happen anywhere at anytime. For example, accidentally spilling a cleaning agent on a bench top or floor causing permanent damage or knocking over a customer’s antique vase while cleaning their home. 

Business Insurance* 

Business insurance is an insurance package designed to provide cover for your business contents, stock, tools and commercial premises when an insured event occurs (such as fire, storm, theft or even accidental damage). A Business insurance package can also cover your portable equipment, and loss of revenue due to business interruption in specified circumstances. 

Portable Equipment Insurance* 

Working out and about means your tools of trade are often on the road with you. There’s a lot of equipment you rely on like mops and cleaning chemicals and even d mobile phones.  Without these, it would be hard for you to get the job done. That’s where Portable Equipment cover comes into play. 


Portable equipment (or general property) insurance can cover you for loss and damage to specified items such as tools, business equipment or electronic items, or unspecified items of lower value.   


*As with any insurance, cover will be subject to the terms, conditions and exclusions contained in the policy wording. The information contained on this web page is general only and should not be relied upon as advice.