Introducing Work From Home Insurance
Working from home became the new normal in 2020, and employees are keen to keep this trend going. A recent survey conducted by Boston Consulting Group found that nearly 50% of people surveyed want some flexibility in where they work.
But what if your professional reputation is damaged by a work from home disaster?
We’re all too familiar with work from home (WFH) moments that have gone viral for all the wrong reasons: Poorly timed visits from family members. Wearing an outfit that is less than professional. Pets interrupting important presentations. Even if your viral moment is adorable, you might still need some spin to help you save face.
That’s where Work From Home Reputational Risk Insurance* comes to the rescue!
What’s included in this cover?
This insurance will cover all PR costs to rebuild your brand or professional reputation after a WFH disaster. If you’re unable to recover from the damage, the “brand write-off” clause might apply, and re-branding costs will be covered.
Basic cover includes, but is not limited to:• Cost of flights to remove yourself from the situation
• Hotel accommodation to relax and destress
• Daily allowance during your time away
• Change of legal name (if necessary)
No longer worry that your business will be remembered for the wrong reasons, just because an employee chooses a bad time to use a Zoom filter.
Work From Home Reputational Risk Insurance*
Work From Home Reputational Risk Insurance* is there to turn viral fails into WFH wins!
Extra cover can be added to protect you against:
• Screen sharing unwanted content
• Forgetting to mute your mic
• Meeting crashers
• Unwanted recorded bathroom breaks
• Forgetting to unmute your mic
• Joining meetings with an inappropriate screen name
Work as we know it may never be the same. Get your work from home insurance before your next meeting goes wrong—available April 1st only.
*Don’t get caught on April Fool’s Day
Protect your business today.
* * As with any insurance, cover will be subject to the terms, conditions and exclusions contained in the policy wording. The information contained on this web page is general only and should not be relied upon as advice.
Visit our Contact Us page, where you can find out how to get in touch with one of our business insurance professionals.
You can also access quick links to our self-service portal, where you can download your Certificate of Currency, update your payment details, amend your cover and download your policy documents.